The Blog Workshop is an online blogging conference, the first that I can recall. What are the benefits of attending:
- No travel at all. Even when I attended conferences in my own city, I still had to get around, often in rain or hot humid weather.
- No need to worry about clothes or Shoes! You can attend in your PJs or whatever you are most comfortable in.
- No sitting on floors in overcrowded conference rooms or trying to juggle your laptop and iphone while you take notes and tweet.
- No eating horrible conference hall food or looking for restaurants that will be overpriced.
- No getting a terrible night's sleep in a strange noisy hotel room, especially if you bunk with roommates to save money.
- No worrying about plane delays or cancellations and missing part of the conference.
- No lugging around heavy gadgets all day long.
Now that you see how beneficial an online blogging conference can be, here is some information about The Blog Workshop.The conference will take place over 3 nights, May 17 - 19th, from 6pm - 10pm ET. These are the topics that will be discussed:
- Blogging Back to Basics
- From Blogger to Bloggerpreneur
- Preparing Yourself for Advertising and Pitching to Brands/Advertisers/Sponsors
- Knowing How to Handle Media Requests and Build Relationships with Media
- Advertising vs. Affiliate Marketing
- Other Ways to Monetize Your Blogging Efforts
The cost to register for The Blog Workshop is $175 (total cost since there are absolutely no travel costs), however there are cheaper options. There are payment plan options and student/teacher discounts. There are also $500 Blog Workshop Scholarships and Grants (all of which can be found on the Blog Workshop registration page). Or you can register through The Blog Workshop's Indiegogo campaign for a discount.
Check out this video on The Blog Workshop for more information:
What do you get by registering and virtually attending The Blog Workshop? You get the six sessions above, given by experienced speakers, over a three day period, so you don't have to cram in too much at once. You also receive Resource Lists, Giveaways and a Blog Workshop Tee. And you get the gift of getting great blogging advice from the comfort of your own home.
Full Disclosure: I am attending the conference for free for my post. However, all opinions are my own and I would not have accepted this offer if I did not think this conference was worthwhile.