Just because teenagers might not want to stay home and watch It's a Wonderful Life or White Christmas doesn't mean that they aren't interested in Christmas movies. Here are a few Christmas or holiday related movies that teens should find enjoyable. Below there are some Chanukah TV episodes and Adam Sandler videos that are great fun also.
1. A Christmas Story - AOL's number one Christmas Movie of all time, it is a comedy about 9 year old Ralphie, who wants a Red Ryder BB Gun for Christmas. This film is usually aired frequently during the holidays.
2. The Nightmare Before Christmas - Tim Burton.
3. Die Hard - A company Christmas party on Christmas Eve and Bruce Willis as Detective John McClane in the first movie of the series.
4. March of the Wooden Soldiers - A 1934 classic starring Laurel and Hardy. I watched this on television growing up and it is actually too scary for young kids. Although it takes place in Toyland with fairy tales characters, there are bogeymen, and characters being dunked with a dunking stool and banished to bogeyland. I think that teens would get a kick out of this.
5. Bad Santa - A con man poses as Santa in this screwball comedy produced by the Coen brothers, starring Billy Bob Thornton, Tony Cox, Bernie Mac and John Ritter (in his last movie role).
6. Elf - Will Ferrel thinks he's an elf in this comedy directed by Jon Favreau. Also starring James Caan and Zooey Deschanel.
7. National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation - Written by John Hughes and starring Chevy Chase, this is the third in the Vacation series.
8. Scooged - A comedy starring Bill Murray based on A Christmas Carol.
9. Trading Places - Takes place during the Christmas season, one of Eddie Murphy's early breakout roles as a homeless street hustler who crosses path's with Dan Aykroyd's upper class commodities broker. A modern take on the prince and the pauper. One of my favorite movies. Also starring Jamie Lee Curtis.
And for those celebrating Chanukah or Hanukkah we have (There are no fun movies, but we do have some TV episodes and songs):
1. South Park - Mr. Hankey, the Christmas Poo. Kyle sings "It's hard to be a Jew on Christmas".
2. Rugrats Chanukah Special
3. Adam Sandler's Original Hanukkah Song, the Hanukkah song Part 2, and the Chanukah Song Part 3 below:
Happy Holidays and enjoy your movie, TV and video watching!
25 Days of Christmas Movies and Holiday Giveaway 2012
PlayLater: DVR for Online Videos
20 Movies for Teens Fall 2012