You can watch it all right here:
The most important advice to remember, whether about sex, alcohol or drugs, is:
- When trying to talk to your teens, remind them that you were once a teen yourself, with the same fears and anxieties that they have. You've been through it and understand and can help.
- Let them know that they can tell you anything and you won't freak out.
- Tell your teens that they can call or text you at any time, day or night, and you will come get them, without judgement.
- Giving information on safety is not the same as giving permission. It is just sensible.
- The most important money to spend on prom night is for a car and driver.
This talk about prom was on of the WPIX morning show's weekly "Moms The Word" segment.