Parents of teenagers should get a kick from these quotes about teens while nodding their heads. For those of you that have younger kids, hopefully these quotes won't scare you too much. If your kids have already grown out of their teens, you can look back and laugh (hopefully).
1. Adolescence is perhaps nature's way of preparing parents to welcome the empty nest.- Karen Savage and Patricia Adams, The Good Stepmother
2. The invention of the teenager was a mistake. Once you identify a period of life in which people get to stay out late but don't have to pay taxes - naturally, no one wants to live any other way. - Judith Martin
3. Adolescence is a period of rapid changes. Between the ages of 12 and 17, for example, a parent ages as much as 20 years. - Author Unknown
4. Little children, headache; big children, heartache. - Italian Proverb
5. Teenagehood -- that time in life when you show your individuality by looking like everyone else. - Author Unknown
6. The fellow parent you are scared to call is as appalled by the clique's plans as you are. . . . The other parent is as happy to hear from you as you would be to hear from him. - Fred G. Gosman, How To Be a Happy Parent In Spite of Your Children
7. It isn't easy to see the formerly loving child who once curled up in our laps turn into a surly stranger who cannot spare us a kind word. One mother ... was taken aback when she called, as her daughter was going out the door, "Have a good time," and her daughter angrily replied, "Stop telling me what to do! - Nancy Samalin, Love and Anger: The Parent Dilemma
8. Helping your eldest to pick a college is one of the greatest educational experiences of life - for the parents. Next to trying to pick his bride, it's the best way to learn that your authority, if not entirely gone, is slipping fast. - Sally and James Reston
9. The young always have the same problem - how to rebel and conform at the same time. They have now solved this by defying their parents and copying one another. - Quentin Crisp
10. Adolescence is the age at which children stop asking questions because they know all the answers. - Author Unknown
Do you have any favorite quotes about teenagers you'd like to share? If so, please add them in the comments below.
15 Quotes on Parenting, Education and Age
12 Quotes About Moms for Mothers Day
Quotes on Millennials and the Future of Privacy