This year my son went to Comic-Con for the first time. As much fun as I had at BlogHer that same weekend, I was so jealous of him. After waiting hours on line, he managed to get into what I would consider the best panel at Comic-Con: Lost. So I have first hand reporting this year. And it did not disappoint. Since many of you have already heard or read many things about the Lost panel at Comic-Con already, I'm going to write this in my usual Lost fashion and present a highlights list.
Top Highlights coming from Comic-Con about Lost:
1. Many, if not all, past Lost characters will return. It has been definitely confirmed that Juliet, Daniel, Charlie and Boone (Ian Somerhalder confirmed his returned during the Vampire Diaries panel) will return. The new Lost season 6 poster includes Lost characters from all five seasons, both dead or alive.
2. The panel began with only producers Damon Lindelof and Carlton Cuse. Hurley, Ben, Richard, Sawyer and Charlie made their appearances from unexpected places, i.e. the audience. Charlie came out at the very end when they introduced a clip of killed off characters.
3. Videos were shown that makes it look as if an alternate reality is taking place. The videos were:
- Oceanic Airlines commercial saying that they have never had an accident in the 30 years of flying since 1979.
- A Mr. Clucks commercial narrated by Hurley saying that he owned it and that he has had good luck ever since he won the lottery and came up with the recipe on his vacation in Australia.
- A clip from America's Most Wanted showing Kate still on the run for the murder of her stepfather's employee, whom she accidentally killed when she tried to kill her stepfather.
4. There were also videos of Michael Emerson auditioning to play Hurley and a Sawyer montage (which I vote that they add to each episode). Josh Holloway didn't come out until near the end of the panel, but of course he was funny and gorgeous just like Sawyer.
5. For those of you that thought that season 5 was very confusing, you will be happy to know that there will be no more time travel or flash-fowarding in season Six. Season six will mostly resemble season one.
6. We are going to finally learn the back story of Richard Alpert (yeah!).
7. The new season 6 marketing graphic has all of the characters, both dead or alive, facing forward, expect Locke. He is facing backward. Very interesting.
8. A very important question asked from the audience was "Does Nestor Carbonell (Richard Alpert) wear eyeliner?" They then panned to a dressing room backstage where Nestor was sitting putting on eyeliner and cursing because he wasn't given the right color. At this point the audience still didn't know that he was even at Comic-Con. Very funny.
9. Due to his devastation over losing Juliet, Sawyer's character is going to move a step back to his old, more surly ways.
10. In a playful act, Sawyer forced Carlton Cuse to unlock the box that had Lost's secret ending. As Carlton began reading it, it became clear that he was talking about the TV series, Heroes.
Lost University and the Dharma Initiative Mysteries
Top 70 Lost Quotes - Season 1-5
Lost Theories iPhone app
Lost: Season 6 News and Untangled Music Video
Lost Season 5 Finale "The Incident" Top 37 Highlights